- io9 on whether end of the world fiction is just a trend that has reached its saturation point. Still, always loved it way more than, say, vampires (the obligatory trend example in most such pieces).
- Hiroshima, USA.
- The top 15 nuclear war movies, according to someone. I am very behind.
- I am currently watching the disappointingly terrible Panic in Year Zero! over here. On the plus side, the helpful youtube user seems to have uploaded a stunning collection of truther, anti-Semitic, and JFK videos, plus other nuclear war movies like Threads (which I gotta finish one of these days), plus a bunch of…Little Rascals episodes. I love the internet.
- Also, this youtuber has uploaded a bunch of Cold War songs, which I will be bookmarking.
- This slideshow suggests the best ’80s songs about nuclear war. I don’t know most of them, but the exclusion of “99 Luft Balloons” is not acceptable.
- Lieutenant Colonel Stanislav Petrov wins the Dresden Award for not nuking the shit out of America in 1986, even when an error made things look like five nuclear missiles were heading for the USSR.
- This is terrible, particularly the headline — “War with Iran: Real, horrific costs, but what benefits?”
- Wendy McElroy rhetorically asks in a non-Alex Jones kind of way, “Should You Be Hoarding?”
- College professor thinks Stalin didn’t commit any crimes, the worst thing might be that half the students clap after his lunacy. Paging: Michael Moynihan, Michael Moynihan.
Like The Stag Blog