A meeting of minds on sites for which I write: Antiwar.com’s Justin Raimondo chats with Rare’s Kurt Wallace, mostly about Rand Paul’s prospects.
- Also, I enjoyed this Eric Garris (also Antiwar.com) chat with Alan Colmes, of all people, from this summer. They talk about the return of Americans to Iraq, which is a topic that gets more relevant every damned day.
- Since I’ve been internet creeping on Eric and Justin lately — thanks to many epic Eric stories — here are some other good things. Let us admire Justin’s completely un-hidable contempt for a security state creep who looks like a painted LEGO in this Freedom Watch interview. And Eric being generally insightful and well-spoken in this RT thing from a few years back.
- Boohoo, Bruce Springsteen played “Fortunate Son” at a 11/11 rally. Jesse Walker has the best response to this non-controversy.
- Apropos of none of these topics, I wrote a thing for Rare about how the sex offender registry is bad.
- I guested on Tiffany Madison’s Bourbon and Bitches podcast twice in the past month.
This one is about online harassment, rape laws, and other feminist-leaning topics.
This one is about net neutrality, the troops, and my half-assed defense of Lena Dunham. Also sex robots. Tiffany loves to discuss sex robots.
- “Americans making a movie about what Vietnam did to the soldiers is like a serial killer telling you what stopping for hitchhikers did to his clutch.” Daaaaaaaamn.
- Your headline is dumber than his shirt.
- None of those are death threats, Jezebel.
- Here’s hoping it has.
- Do it, Mark Udall. Be a hero like few politicians ever were.
- Police in Brazil are almost incomprehensibly bad.
- Edward Snowden got a dog, and got his lady friend back. So that’s good.
- William F. Buckley talked way too slowly, but it seems as if he might have been a good interviewer after all. F. A. Hayek is definitely a good responder.
- I haven’t watched this Reason TV interview with Russ Roberts yet, but I did just finish the book he’s discussing in it.
- Speaking of Reason TV, my friend Anthony L. Fisher was over in Berlin to check out the festivities honoring 25 years since the fall of the Wall. Not..crying…just…cutting…onions.
- Matt Welch sitting in the host chair of The Independents, starring Andy Levy being extremely sensible.
Let me declare this is today’s video, if only to keep on practicing at not being a music snob. Or being the kind of music snob who likes certain pop music. Which I don’t usually.
But this is pretty fun.
And yet — and yet:
This is why I don’t understand people who only or mostly listen to poppy stuff. It’s fun, it’s good, until you listen to realer stuff. You’re not bad, Taylor, you just gotta know your place.